To help ensure all of our neighbors have enough to eat, our Doorstep Delivery program is bringing groceries to the most vulnerable people. Doorstep Delivery works with volunteers to bring a 25-pound box of shelf-stable food right to the recipient’s door. While the contents of the boxes may vary, items in these boxes may include:
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Juice and/or shelf-stable milk
- Starches such as potatoes, pasta and pasta sauce or pancake mix
- Proteins such as peanut butter, beans, beef stew or canned chicken or tuna
Do I qualify?
Doorstep Delivery is available to individuals who:
- Are ago 60 or older
- Live in Allegheny, Beaver or Butler County
Is there a cost to this program?
No, this is a free service provided by the Food Bank.
How is the food delivered?
- The Food Bank is working with volunteers and fulfillment partners to provide food boxes to your doorstep.
- For the health and safety of volunteers and recipients, all drivers are required to wear face coverings and gloves.
- A 25-pound box of shelf-stable food is placed on your doorstep for you to pick up once the driver leaves. Drivers are not permitted to enter the premises of any home or apartment complex.
When can I expect the boxes to be delivered?
- This service is NOT same-day guaranteed. We serve requests in the order they are received.
- Our current delivery days are Wednesdays or Fridays. The Food Bank’s Call Center will assist you in making a reservation for home delivery based on your needs.
How do I schedule a delivery?
Qualifying individuals in need of home delivery food assistance should call the Food Bank at 412-460-3663 ext. 655. The Food Bank’s Call Center team is fielding calls from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. We are currently experiencing a high number of calls for this new program. If a member of the Call Center team is unavailable, please leave a message with your name and phone number and a member of our team will reach out to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.