Our retail store donation program currently consists of 182 stores throughout our 11 county service area and has partnered with us for over 20 years. Donations consist of meat, bakery items, produce, dry goods and dairy items. These can be items close dated, excess stock, or may have slightly damaged packaging. As a result, our  stores have greatly reduced their waste and dump fees, they are contributing directly to their communities and most importantly….feeding those in need.

Over 60% of our stores are partnered directly with our food safety trained member agencies who, pick up directly from the stores then distribute these items to families.  The remaining 40% is picked up directly by our food bank trucks, put on inventory and made available to over 400 member agencies

In 2015 our Retail Stores donated 5,400,000 pounds of food which calculates into 4,500,000 meals.

More than just food…

Donating food is just one of the many ways our retail store partners support us. They also purchase equipment, conduct food drives, provide grants, support special events with sponsorship, as well as monetary donations.  Over the years they have donated thousands of volunteer hours at events as well as right here at the food bank.

We take this opportunity to sincerely thank our Retail Store donation partners!

Become a Retail Store Donor today!

Our Retail Store Donation Partners

The Fresh Market

Sam's Club

Walmart

Aldi

Trader Joe's

Shop N Save

Food Lion

Marty's Market

Big Lots

Gordon Food Service

Target

McGinnis Sisters

Costco

Is your store donating?

Become a Retail Store Donor-call: Kathy Hruska, Community Food Connections Manager @ 412-460-3663 x210 or khruska@pittsburghfoodbank.org.

Email Kathy