Ingredients and Instructions
- 4 cups diced vegetables (broccoli, peppers, onions, carrots, cabbage, squash, celery, and cauliflower are all work well.)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 water
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay OR Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 2 Tbl rice wine vinegar OR other vinegar
- 2 Tbl brown sugar
- 1 Tbl low-sodium soy sauce
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place a skillet over high heat and add your vegetables. Cook covered for 5 minutes, stirring once.
- While the vegetables are cooking, stir together the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the vegetables and stir well. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Serve on its own or over brown rice. Makes 4 servings.
All recipes ranked according to CHOP for nutritional quality