Ingredients and Instructions
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 Tbl mint or basil, chopped (optional)
- 1 Tbl balsamic vinegar (or lemon juice or lime juice)
- Remove stems from strawberries with a straw or, carefully, with a small knife.
- Slice strawberries in thin pieces and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients (sugar, mint and balsamic vinegar) to strawberries in bowl.
- Stir gently until all strawberries are coated with all of the ingredients.
- Let strawberries marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving. Great on top of yogurt, oatmeal or even some ice cream.
Makes 4 servings
All recipes ranked according to CHOP for nutritional quality