Ingredients and Instructions
- 1 Tbl oil
- 1 carrot, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips
- 1 zucchini or yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, cut into ribbons
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbl low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbl chili sauce (optional)
- 1 cup freshly cooked rice
- 1 fried egg (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add lettuce, garlic, soy sauce, chili sauce and lime juice. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until lettuce is just wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place freshly cooked rice in a bowl. Top with cooked vegetables. Serve with a fried egg, if desired.
Makes 4 servings
All recipes ranked according to CHOP for nutritional quality