Ingredients and Instructions
- 3 slices bacon, cubed
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp dried herbs (thyme, parsley, or basil)
- 1 Tbl lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Hot pepper flakes to taste
- Add cubed bacon to pan and cook until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon from pan.
- Add onions and garlic to pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add lettuce to pan and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes or until the leaves begin to wilt.
- Add remaining ingredients and reduce temperature to low.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the lettuce is tender, then add bacon back into the pan. Enjoy over rice or noodles!
All recipes ranked according to CHOP for nutritional quality