Ingredients and Instructions
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbl oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbl fresh parsley (1 tsp dried)
- Chips to dip
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Salt cubed eggplant and rinse.
- Toss rinsed eggplant in oil and place on baking sheet.
- Roast eggplant for 45 minutes or until eggplant cubes are soft.
- Add eggplant and the remaining ingredients to a bowl.
- Mash the mixture with a fork or use a blender until smooth.
- Serve with chips or veggies.
- Add cubed, salted, and rinsed eggplant to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover tightly.
- Cook on high for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and mash with fork.
Makes 6 servings
All recipes ranked according to CHOP for nutritional quality