Ingredients and Instructions
- 3-4 cups green beans, stems removed
- 3 cups warm water
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1-2 tsp salt
- Hot pepper flakes to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh dill (1 Tbl dried dill)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- Mix water, vinegar and salt in a measuring cup until the salt has completely dissolved.
- Place one smashed garlic clove in the bottom of each of your three cleaned, glass, pint jars.
- Divide the fresh dill among the three jars.
- If you want your dilly beans to have a little kick, add one pinch of hot pepper flakes in each jar.
- Pack as many green beans as you can in each jar.
- Pour your vinegar-salt liquid over your green beans to fill each of the three jars.
- Immediately, store green beans in refrigerator. Your Dilly Beans will be ready to enjoy in a 1-2 days. Dilly beans will last for 1-2 months in fridge.
Makes 12 servings
All recipes ranked according to CHOP for nutritional quality