Hunger Profile References
- Food Insecurity: Feeding America. Map the Meal Gap 2016: Food Insecurity and Child Food Insecurity in 2014. Retrieved April 29, 2016 from http://feedingamerica.org/hunger-in-america/hunger-studies/map-the-meal-gap.aspx.
- Poverty: U.S. Census Bureau. 2010-2014 American Community Survey – Table S1701: Poverty Status in the Past 12 Months. Retrieved December 10, 2015 from http://factfinder.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml.
- Unemployment: Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry. Labor Force Date by County (Feb 2016), Seasonally Adjusted. Retrieved March 10, 2016 from http://www.workstats.dli.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx#.VykxC4QrJ8w.
- Local service numbers, pounds distributed and volunteer data: Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank. Internal reporting data, available upon request.
- State Food Purchase Program FY 13-14: Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Food Distribution. (January 2015). The State Food Purchase Program Act: Report to the Pennsylvania General Assembly, 62 P.S. §§ 4041-4049, Act 129 of 1992.
- State Food Purchase Program FY 15-16: Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Food Distribution. SFPP Allocation Schedule: Fiscal Year 2015-2016, County Allocation Schedule.
- SNAP participation: Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, Bureau of Program Support. MA-TANF-GA- SNAP March 2016.
- SNAP redemption and store data: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. PA Redemptions and Authorized Stores in PA by County Fiscal Year 2015.
- SNAP local economic benefit: Hanson, K. (Oct. 2010). The Food Assistance National Input-Output Multiplier (FANIOM) Model and Stimulus Effects of SNAP. Washington, D.C.: United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service. Report No. ERR-103. Retrieved May 21, 2012 from http://www.ers.usda.gov/media/134117/err103_1_.pdf.
- Commodity Supplement Food Program: Hunger-Free Pennsylvania. CSFP Caseloads and Lead Agencies: 2015.
- School Lunch and Breakfast Eligibility: Pennsylvania Department of Education, Division of Food and Nutrition. YTD and Monthly Eligibility Report: Program Year 2014-2015.
- Summer Food Service Program: Pennsylvania Department of Education, Division of Food and Nutrition. Claim Meal Counts and Net Reimbursements, Summer Food Service Program, Federal Fiscal Year 2014-2015.
- Child and Adult Care Food Program: Pennsylvania Department of Education, Division of Food and Nutrition. Total Meals Served—Child and Adult Care Food Program, Fiscal Year 2013-2014.
- WIC: Pennsylvania Department of Health, Division of WIC. WIC Fiscal Year 2013-2014.
- Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program: Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Food Distribution. Check Redemption by County (Issued vs. Redeemed): Program Year 2014.
- Congregate and Home Delivered Meals: Pennsylvania Department of Aging. Consumers and Meals by County and Statewide for the Period 7/1/2013 to 6/30/2014 as of 1/16/2015.
Download a printer-friendly version of these hunger profile references.