Each year, Peoples Gas Holiday Market transforms Market Square in downtown Pittsburgh into a winter wonderland, featuring dozens of vendors and a unique array of gifts and collectibles. The Food Bank participates in the market by running Santa’s House. Visitors to Santa’s House can share their wish list with Santa and receive a voucher for a free photo with Santa as a thank-you for a suggested donation to the Food Bank.
- Remind customers that they can also visit Santa on their trip to the market.
- Collect donations in exchange for a ticket to have a photo taken with Santa.
- Provide cheer and goodwill to all visitors of the Holiday Market as Food Bank representatives.
Things to Remember:
- This is an outdoor activity! Please be sure to dress for the weather. You will be outside for your entire shift and it can be quite cold.
- Parking is not provided and street parking is very limited. We recommend carpooling or using public transportation.
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes before your shift starts so that on-site staff can get you all set up before your shift starts.
- Volunteers must stay within Market Square during their shift. You cannot solicit donations outside of the square.
- Restrooms are located at the Dunkin’ Donuts behind Santa’s House in Market Square.
Schedule Your Shift to Volunteer
To schedule your shift, click on the schedule here button and follow the instructions provided. You can register as many as five volunteers per shift. After you register, a member of the volunteer team will contact you to confirm your volunteer date and time and provide you with more information about Santa’s House.
- Monday-Friday: noon – 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday: noon – 4 p.m. and 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sunday: noon – 3 p.m. and 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
For more information on volunteer opportunities, email us at VolOps@pittsburghfoodbank.org or call 412-745-7600.