Volunteers are the heart of our mission to feed people in need.
Last year, more than 4,700 volunteers joined the Food Bank family, sharing 61,000 hours of their time. We have several ways you can join us—you or your group are sure to find an opportunity that fits your schedule and interests.
- Sorting and repacking products in our Repack Center*
- Direct distributions of fresh, healthy grocery items at Produce to People sites throughout our community*
- Collecting leftover harvests at local farms through our gleaning program
- Clerical work supporting our office staff*
- Helping out at community events
- And even kids as young as 6 can join us at a monthly family engagement day
For more information on these and other opportunities, email us at VolOps@pittsburghfoodbank.org or call 412-745-7600.
*Volunteers must be more than 12 years old to participate, and all minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.