Are you affiliated with a restaurant or food service company?
Local restaurants, food service companies and chefs can join in our effort to feed our neighbors in need by joining our Community Table program. Community Table pairs partners with the Food Bank’s agencies providing planned, prepared meals to families in need. We ask that the meals consist of a protein, vegetable and starch. These can be items prepared from scratch or prepared in coordination with excess from the day’s menu. Since the program began in 2009, Community Table has provided more than 1 million meals to neighbors in need!
How It Works
- Prepare meals on a schedule that is right for you.
- Get matched with an agency in your community.
- Pack the meals in pans, lids, and labels provided by the Food Bank and let food safety trained agency staff handles every pickup.
What’s the Impact?
- Our neighbors in need have the opportunity to eat complete meals prepared by a chef.
- Meals go directly to local agencies, eliminating transportation costs to the food bank.
- In 2017, over 170,000 meals were provided by our Community Table donors.
How can other community members participate in this awesome program?
Food lovers can choose to support one of our many Community Table donors. See our list of meal donors below.
- Aladdin’s Eatery
- Aramark at PNC Park
- Aramark at PPG Paints Arena
- Azorean Cafe
- Bidwell Training Center
- Bigelow Grille
- Bob Evans
- The Carlton
- The Cheesecake Factory
- Common Plea Catering
- Darden Restaurants
- The Duquesne Club
- Environmental Charter School
- Food Glorious Food
- Honeybaked Hams
- Levy Restaurants at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center
- Marian Manor
- Monte Cellos
- New York Super Subs
- Park Bruges
- Pizza Hut
- Rania’s Catering
- Salem Market and Grill
- UPMC – Magee, Mercy, Passavant, Presbyterian
- Vincentian Home
- Western PA School for Blind Children
What’s the best reason to donate? You’re helping neighbors facing hunger put healthy meals on their tables! Donating is easy; just contact a member of our Community Food Connections team to get started:
Kathy Hruska, Community Food Connections Manager
412-745-6532 | firstname.lastname@example.org
John Rangos, Community Food Connections Coordinator
412-745-6560 | email@example.com
Kurt Lindsey, Community Food Connections Coordinator
412-745-6541 | firstname.lastname@example.org