1 out of 5 children in southwest PA is at risk of hunger. You can help.
Every year we ask individuals to write a message about hunger on an empty paper plate. This year we are asking you to write a message about child hunger. Why? Every 5 years Congress reauthorizes programs that feed children at risk of hunger – it’s known as Child Nutrition Reauthorization (CNR). The current bill expired on September 30, 2015. We need to send messages to our elected officials and ask that they do their part to help end child hunger.
It’s easy to help! All you have to do is:
1. Visit our virtual paper plate form.
2. Write your message about child hunger.
3. Fill in your name and address.
4. Click submit.
Not sure what to write about? Here are some ideas:
- Why is child hunger bad?
- Why should we care about child hunger?
- What would happen if we no longer had food assistance programs for children?
- Share your story if you or your child has benefited from a children’s food assistance program (school meals, afterschool program, summer food program or WIC)
Want to host your own paper plate project? Contact Rachel Schneider at 412-460-3663 x305 for more information.
Thank you for speaking out against childhood hunger!