Please join the Food Bank in speaking out to help feed seniors in need of food assistance. We encourage you to send a message to your U.S. Representative and ask them to invest in nutritious monthly food packages available to low-income seniors in our community (known as the Commodity Supplemental Food Program or “senior boxes”).
You can help. Here’s what to do:
- Visit the National Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) Association website.
- Type your zip code (it may ask for street address, too) to locate your U.S. Representative.
- When the screen with the letter shows up, please edit the letter by writing ‘Dear Representative [REP’S LAST NAME]’ at the beginning of the letter. You can then fill in any additional information you wish below the pre-written message. Or you can simply delete the words ‘tell your story‘ and leave the message as it is.
- Fill in your name and contact information below the letter and click submit.
- If the following screen asks you to choose an issue category from a drop-down menu, please choose ‘agriculture.’
For more information about the impact of hunger on older adults, take a look at our ‘Senior Hunger Hurts Pennsylvania’ fact sheet.
Thank you for taking the time to support this effort to protect and strengthen a vital program providing nutrition assistance to older adults in southwestern Pennsylvania and across the nation.