The 95,000-square-foot Food Bank facility is a former U.S. Steel site and is located at 1 North Linden Street, Duquesne, Pennsylvania.
This green facility was the first LEED-certified building in Pittsburgh and the first LEED-certified food bank in the United States.
As a result, the Food Bank received the Three Rivers Environmental Award and the Pennsylvania Waste Watcher Award for material reuse.
At our facility, our staff and volunteers:
- Inspect and repackage food
- Prepare orders for agencies
- Receive trailers of food that are accounted for and tracked
- Send out food deliveries by truck
- Organize and facilitate agency pickups
- Maintain a modern leased fleet of trucks, as well in-house vehicles
- Train agencies on nutrition and food safety
- Plan special events to support fundraising
- Cook meals in our test kitchen for nutrition education
- Offer fun and educational volunteer activities
Curious about what our facility looks like? Take a virtual tour right now!
Want to visit? We’d love to have you.
Contact us 412-460-3663 or firstname.lastname@example.org