Grow and strengthen the Community Harvest program and the Farmers Market Connection Program for the 2018 season in collaboration with the Produce and Agricultural Programs Coordinator and other community partners.
This is a unique paid opportunity for an intern to work with Pittsburgh area farmers, farmers market managers, & Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank member agencies.
The intern will learn the inner-workings of Food Bank operations, sourcing, and distribution processes. They will also gain first-hand experience in facilitating collaboration between organizations and individuals within the communities of the greater Pittsburgh region.
This part-time internship will be approximately 15 to 20 hours per week during the months of June through August. Interested candidates must be available during the evenings and weekends.
- Attend farmers markets and visit Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank agencies to match agencies to farmers markets from which to collect every week
- Make connections with farmers, farmers market managers, volunteers, and Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank partner agency personnel
- Weekly communication with agencies to follow up about donations and reporting pounds
- Cultivate relationships with partner agencies to accept donations from Community Harvest program, with a focus on supporting the development of relationships between specific agencies and donors or groups of donors that will be self-sustaining in subsequent seasons
- Assist in increasing quantity and quality of local produce donations through the Community Harvest program
- Represent the mission and vision of Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Commitment to mission of the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to facilitate collaboration between individuals at different organizations
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to work with people from diverse social and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to travel throughout our 11 county region in Southwestern PA
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Social Media experience is helpful
- Act 33 and Act 34 clearances are required
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply: Go to https://cssgpfb.sentrichr.com/?requisition=74 click apply, create a login, and fill out our online application.