Provide food assistance, information and referrals to families within Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank’s eleven-county service area as well as support to facilitate member network development.
- Provide food assistance to families in need.
- Greet families in the lobby.
- Escort families to Compassion Corner.
- Conduct intake.
- Prepare food order.
- Provide information and referrals.
- Monitor and replenish emergency assistance inventory.
- Maintain cleanliness of Compassion Corner, which is the area where families are served.
- Manage “Get Help” phone line, food assistance calls and emergency walk-ins. Conduct timely and appropriate follow-up.
- Participate in direct-service activities related to programmatic events.
- Provide broad-spectrum support to GPCFB member network and Network Development Team as required.
- Respect the geographic and cultural diversity of network members and their participants by becoming familiar with customs and behaviors in various locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds in order to provide food assistance to families in need.
- Ability to walk approximately ¼ mile an average of 5 times per day.
- Ability, experience and willingness to work with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated organization and time-management skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and meet goals in a fast-paced work environment.
- Associate’s Degree and minimum of two years programmatic experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as Google applications.
- Prior experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, presentation, graphics/publishing software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to include professional letter-writing and report preparation.
- Strong research and clerical skills required.
- Ability to work strategically and effectively with multiple team members required.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as required.
Certificates: Act 33 & Act 34 Clearances
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply: Go to https://cssgpfb.sentrichr.com/?requisition=73 click apply, create a login, and fill out our online application.