Implement, communicate and ensure compliance with Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank (GPCFB) network member policies and procedures. Communicate and coordinate training, development and capacity-building opportunities to network members.
- Monitor agencies, PDOs and RDOs annually using the standards developed by GPCFB to evaluate agency compliance and quality access to food.
- Provide orientation for new members, PDOs, RDOs and partner organizations as well as new personnel at existing sites.
- Communicate all policies, procedures and standards to network members and Food Bank staff to ensure they adhere to GPCFB policies and maintain required documentation.
- Monitor, track and address member compliance requirements (501 c3 status, safe food handling, membership, civil rights, reporting, product use, etc.).
- Enforce all GPCFB, Feeding America, funders, government and other key stakeholders’ policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensures agencies report correct and accurate information.
- Coordinate and monitor agency participation in retail store donation program.
- Field, investigate, resolve and record service complaints.
- Process and record agency suspensions and reinstatement in accordance with suspension policy.
- Enforce corrective action and follow-up plans for identified problems.
- Monitor agency reporting and takes actions necessary to ensure monthly reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports as required by partners, funders and GPCFB management.
- Maintain accurate, complete and updated agency records and files.
- Manage conflict constructively so that disagreements lead to useful and productive discussions.
- Monitor food assistance network member grants.
- Assist in development of policies and procedures for network members.
- Provide information and referrals to individuals who inquire about food assistance.
- Provide emergency food assistance to individuals with an immediate need (processing GPCFB walk-ins).
- Provide content for Agency Update, a monthly newsletter for GPCFB members.
- Respect the geographic and cultural diversity of network members and their participants by becoming familiar with customs and behaviors in various locations.
- Promote practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- A minimum of three years of programmatic and training experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution, critical thinking and problem solving skills resulting in positive outcomes.
- Ability to effectively communicate difficult information in an appropriate manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to include professional letter-writing and report preparation. Writing sample may be requested.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability, experience and willingness to work with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated organization and time-management skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and meet goals.
- Ability to work strategically, collaboratively, and effectively with staff members required.
- Prior experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel and work evenings and weekends as required
Certificates: Act 33 & Act 34 Clearances
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply: Go to https://cssgpfb.sentrichr.com/?requisition=72 click apply, create a login, and fill out our online application.