The Child Nutrition Outreach Coordinator develops and implements an outreach plan to increase capacity and participation in the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and the National School Breakfast Program (SBP) in Washington, Fayette and Greene Counties. Additionally, the Coordinator is responsible for providing support and best practices to community stakeholders who are implementing these types of food assistance programs. He/she works as a member of a team to achieve the goals of the Food Security Partnership Team and the strategic plan of Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.
- Identify and recruit partner organizations and bring them together to formulate a county plan to increase participation in the SFSP
- Initiate and maintain strong partnering relationships with stakeholders who have an interest in the SFSP and the SBP
- Assist partners in identifying and overcoming barriers to securing sponsors and increasing sites for food assistance programs, such as the SFSP
- Communicate with school staff about strategies for increasing participation in the SBP
- Learn about best practices from programs throughout the U.S. and share them with our network of partners
- Deliver presentations to a variety of audiences to educate them about food insecurity and the role child nutrition programs play in alleviation
- Work towards benchmarks of increasing participation in the SFSP and SBP
- Advocate for improvements in the SFSP and SBP on state and federal levels
- Assist in gathering information for grant reports and proposals that support child nutrition work
- Collaborate with the Food Bank’s Evaluation Team to collect and analyze data for evaluation and prepare periodic written reports
- Additional responsibilities as determined by the Child Nutrition Outreach Manager
- Must possess a Bachelors’ degree
- Have a minimum of two years of experience working with social or human service organizations
- Ability to work with people from diverse social and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to make presentations and develop and deliver information to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess an attitude of collaboration for working with community organizations and schools
- High quality customer service skills (exhibit objectivity, calmness and helpfulness)
- Attention to detail and follows through on tasks
- Excellent computer skills required
- Available to work evening and weekends as needed during a 40 hour work week
- Automobile and valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license are required
Certificates: Act 33 & Act 34 Clearances
Note: This position is based in Washington, Fayette and Greene Counties and the employee will work primarily out of a location in one of these counties.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply: Go to https://cssgpfb.sentrichr.com/?requisition=69 click apply, create a login, fill out our online application, and attach a resume and cover letter.