Produce to People is the Food Bank’s large-scale produce distribution program. Each family receives 30-50 pounds of food, mostly fresh produce. Produce to People is an additional resource to your local pantry – you can come to as many distributions as you need to, and still attend your local pantry.
17 Distributions Each Month at 17 Different Sites
- Sheraden: Pittsburgh Langley K-8 Cafeteria, 2940 Sheraden Blvd. Pittsburgh, PA 15204
- Braddock: Volunteer Firefighter Bingo Hall, 845 Talbot Ave. Braddock, PA
- Homewood: Homewood-Brushton YMCA, 7140 Bennett Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15208 (parking off of Kelly St)
- North Side: Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School, 50 Montgomery Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
- McKeesport: Founders’ Hall Middle School, 3600 Oneil Blvd, McKeesport, PA 15132
- Duquesne: Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, 1 North Linden Street, Duquesne, PA
- Allegheny Valley: SUMMER: Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament, 1526 Union Ave. Natrona Heights, PA WINTER: Valley News Dispatch Building, 210 E. 4th Ave, Tarentum, PA
- South Side: SUMMER: Physicians Parking Lot, UPMC South Side Hospital, 2000 Mary Street, Southside Flats, Pittsburgh, PA, United States WINTER: South Side Market House, 1 Bedford Square (12th and Bingham), South Side Flats, Pittsburgh PA
- Waynesburg: Greene County Fairgrounds, 107 Fairgrounds Rd., Waynesburg, PA 15370
- West Greene: Harvey’s Grange, 104 Grange Rd., Graysville, PA
- Butler: Butler County Farmers’ Market; 39 Race Street Butler, PA
- Beaver Falls: Beaver Falls Middle School, 1601 8th Ave. Beaver Falls, PA 15010
- Aliquippa: 788 Griffith St., Aliquippa, PA 15001
- Johnstown: Greater Johnstown Career & Technology Center, 445 Schoolhouse Rd., Johnstown, PA 15904
- Dunbar: Fayette County Fairgrounds, 132 Pechin Rd., Dunbar PA
- New Castle: St. Vitus School, 915 South Jefferson St., New Castle, PA
- Washington: Washington County Fairgrounds, 2151 N Main St, Washington, PA
For information on produce distributions in Somerset County, check out the Somerset County Mobile Food Bank.
How To Qualify (meet at least one of the following):
- Meet household income guidelines.
- Receive any government assistance, including:
- Unemployment Compensation
- Disability Compensation
- Cash Assistance
- Medical Assistance (e.g. Medicare, Medicaid)
- SNAP (formerly Food Stamps)
- Social Security
- any other federal or state assistance program.
- Experience a food emergency, meaning:
- Your household is experiencing a temporary food emergency or crisis situation; for example, a fire, a loss of electricity, a temporary living situation, or any other dire situation.
All items distributed by Produce to People are on a “per household” basis.
How To Register:
You may register at any distribution you choose. Upon arrival, you will:
- Answer and sign a questionnaire form, which tells us that you understand the criteria for qualification (see above), that your circumstances allow you to qualify for Produce to People, and that you agree that items received during this distribution will not be sold or used to barter or exchange for goods or services.
- Receive a ticket, which you will exchange for food.
You do not need to bring additional paperwork – the questionnaire is a legal document. Signing it certifies that you qualify for the food.
On average, nearly 3 out of 4 food items are fresh produce. For example, a distribution may include potatoes, carrots, onions, cabbage, sweet potatoes, and apples, though no one item is guaranteed.
Speed up your registration with PassCard
Get a Produce to People PassCard to reduce registration time by up to 90%!
The PassCard program is currently active at South Side, Homewood, Braddock, Mckeesport, Duquesne, and Sheraden in Allegheny County.
Our regional distributions at the Greene County Fairgrounds, the Fayette County Fairgrounds, and New Castle have their own PassCard systems as well.
Helpful Tip: You can also speed up your visit by making sure to bring bags, boxes, or a rolling cart, to help you through the distribution. For those clients with mobility issues, volunteers will be onsite to assist you.
Upcoming Produce to People Distributions
Find printable versions of our calendar here, or review the online calender below.