Community Harvest Program
Through this program gardeners can donate excess produce at one of our two community harvest locations. Donations are accepted Saturdays,
10 am - 2 pm (only) at:
- Penn Hills Lawn & Garden Center external link: 200 Jefferson Rd. Pittsburgh, PA 15235
- Urban Gardener external link: 1901 Brighton Rd. Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Additional ways to donate produce:
- Start now by donating your extra seedlings! through June 14 you can drop off healthy seedlings (seedlings in need of a little TLC are OK) at the Food Bank warehouse in Duquesne weekdays 8:30 am - 3:00 pm!
- The Food Bank warehouse in Duquesne welcomes your produce weekdays 8:30 am - 3:00 pm.
- Donate your nutritious veggies to your local food pantry or soup kitchen. Search the Food Bank's agency directory; just put in your zip code. Please call to make arrangements before you go.
- Donate to your local pantry or soup kitchen through Ample Harvestexternal link, a national movement to connect farmers and gardeners so that fresh healthy food doesn't go to waste. Again, enter your zip code to find a registered agency. If your local food pantry or soup kitchen isn't registered, contact them and tell them to register. It's completely free and they might find some new donors!
To help track the success of this program, please download a receipt, estimate the number of pounds donated, and mail or fax the receipt to the Produce Specialist at:
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Attn: Produce Specialist
- 1 North Linden Street
- Duquesne, PA 15110
- Fax: (412) 460-0418
Questions? Please email Jeralyn or call (412) 460-3663 ext. 214.