Repack Center Information
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
2nd & 4th Saturday of the month 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
*Please call ahead to schedule a repack date*
Criteria for Repack Volunteers
- Volunteers must be 12 years of age or older.
- Your safety is important to us. Please be alert and aware of warehouse surroundings. And please pay attention during training and follow instructions.
- Volunteers must be able to work independently, as well as in groups, to perform the assigned tasks.
- Volunteers must be able to stand for 2 or more consecutive hours.
- Volunteers must be able to lift 30-40 lbs.
- Volunteers must be able to work in the warehouse for your scheduled time. We ask for a minimum of two hours.
- Volunteer Groups must have one supervisor per every five volunteers 12 to 17 years old. We rely on our Volunteer Group Supervisors to make sure their group follows the rules.
Repack Volunteer Guidelines
- NO OPEN TOE SHOES OR SANDALS ARE PERMITTED IN THE REPACK AREA - sneakers or boots preferred. Volunteers wearing open toe shoes will not be allowed on the Repack floor due to safety reasons.
- NO CELL PHONE OR EAR PHONE USEAGE PERMITTED ON THE WAREHOUSE FLOOR. If you need to use your cell phone, please do so in the Volunteer Activity Center, not on the Repack floor
- If you are coming with a group: Volunteering will begin once everyone has arrived.
- We suggest you leave your personal items (purse, book bags, etc.) in your vehicle.
- Feel free to enjoy the snacks and drinks provided in the Volunteer Activity Center. No smoking, eating or drinking in the Repack Area. Smoking is only permitted outside in our gazebo.
- Food Bank grocery products or other properties are not to be removed from the Repack Area.
- No volunteers are permitted to use power equipment.
- Horseplay of any kind will not be tolerated.
- The last fifteen minutes of each shift is used to clean the work area. We ask that our volunteers assist with this task.
To schedule a volunteer date contact the Volunteer Coordinators at (412) 460-3663, ext. 301.