Medium Large xLarge

Call to Help Food Bank Donations!

Advocacy List

When: TODAY! 

What: National Call-in Day.  Join non-profit organizations and concerned individuals across the nation by calling your U.S. Representative to support tax incentives for donations of food and funds to the Food Bank.


This week, Congress will vote on legislation that would improve federal tax incentives for donating food and funds to food banks, including allowing donations of IRA rollovers to nonprofits.

We need your voice!  Help us make sure food banks have the resources needed to help struggling Americans by calling your U.S. Representative this week.

Calling is easy!  Here's what to do:

  • Dial 888-398-8702 (toll-free number) and listen to the message, then enter your zip code when asked. *The message will tell you who your Representative is and connect you to their office.
  • Once you are connected, tell the person who answers the phone your name and the town you live in.
  • Let them know you are calling about food donation and charitable giving tax legislation and deliver this message:

As someone who lives in your district and cares about hungry people, I am asking [REPRESENTATIVE'S NAME] to support food donation tax legislation to help Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank [OR LOCAL FOOD BANK'S NAME] feed struggling Pennsylvanians. Please support this and other charitable giving tax legislation to make sure our food bank has the food and funds needed to continue supporting people in need in our community.

You can also help spread the word by sharing this message with friends, family and co-workers, and sharing on Facebook

Taking just a few minutes of your time this week can make a real difference in helping the hungry in southwestern Pennsylvania.

Thank you!