Call to Help Fund the Food Bank
Help fully fund TEFAP Storage and Distribution. The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) is a crucial source of emergency food that goes directly to the families who need it most. Call Congress today!
Right now we have an important opportunity to help get additional funding to store and distribute TEFAP commodities, but we need your help.
While the Farm Bill includes $100 million in funding for TEFAP Storage and Distribution, Congress has provided only about half of this in recent years.
With the Appropriations process heating up, we must take advantage of this critical window to urge Congress to help meet the costs of TEFAP storage and distribution.
We need to show strong constituent support if we hope to increase funding for TEFAP Storage and Distribution. Help us reinforce our message in D.C. by calling our two U.S. Senators and your Congressman.
Calling them is easy! Here's how:
1. Call Feeding America's toll-free advocacy hotline at 888- 398-8702.
2. Listen to the pre-recorded message and enter your zip code when asked. Connect to your Representative first.
3. Once you are connected to your Representative, tell the person who answers the phone that you are a constituent (you live in their district) and tell them your name and your home town.
4. Let them know you are calling about TEFAP and deliver this important message:
"As someone who lives in the district and cares about my hungry neighbors, I urge [Congressman/woman's name] to fully fund TEFAP Storage and Distribution at $100 million as authorized in the Farm Bill. This program helps our local food bank get healthy TEFAP commodities to struggling families in our community. With the recent cuts to SNAP and continued high need, fully funding this vital program is more important than ever."
5. Dial back in to make sure you talk to both of our Senators (Senator Toomey and Senator Casey), too.
Thank you for making a difference in the fight against hunger!