Join Our Postcard Campaign!
You can help make a difference in the lives of individuals and families who rely on the support of food and nutrition assistance programs. Please write to your member of Congress and urge them to protect and strengthen these programs throughout any upcoming legislative processes (Farm Bill, appropriations, etc.).
It’s easy! All you have to do is...
2. Open up our virtual postcard form.
3. Choose your Representative from the drop-down menu and type in the required personal information.
4. Write your personal message and click ‘submit.’
Here are a few ideas about what you could write about:
- What hunger means to you
- Why nutrition assistance programs such as SNAP (food stamps) are important
- Your personal story
- What would happen if these programs no longer existed or if funding was cut
All of the letters will be delivered to our U.S. Representatives’ offices throughout the fall season, starting in September. Thank you for taking the time to speak out against hunger today. Together we can make a difference.
*If you or someone you know will be affected by cuts to SNAP (food stamps) and would be willing to share your story, please contact Rachel Schneider at 412-460-3663 x305.